My son has been sick on and off for about

Patient

Q: My son has been sick on and off for about a week . Now he has cold hands and feet and a bad ear ache and he complains his legs hurt. Should I take him the ER?

Doctor

A:   Hi.
Read and understood your concerns about your son.

One week is a bit long time to have problems, and the cold feet and hands are suggestive of possible serious infection. Earache per se does not cause severe septicemia or so, yet the cold feet and hands indicate that you should take him to the Doctor/ER as clinical evaluation and investigations are possible to rule out any sinister problem. Ans the son gets appropriate medicines too.

Better to take him to ER.