Ask The Doctor > Pending > My son has just turned 6 months old and finally

My son has just turned 6 months old and finally

Patient: My son has just turned 6 months old and finally been diagnosed with bronchiolitis.This was almost two weeks ago and it has progressed to the point where his cough is so harsh he’s making a strange noise immediately afterwards.He’s only able to take maybe two bottles a day in total because he’s coughing, mucousy and struggling to breathe.The mucus varies from non-existant, to clear fluid to clear gooey and dispite using a saline spray and ‘snot sucker’ Im barely able to keep up with it.He’s coughing himself awake and so mucusy he’s waking up too that I dont know what to do.It took a call out dr and 24 hour dr to agree on the diagnoses. The hospital said it was just a cold! Im concerned about taking him back to that hospital but I need to know if he’s bad enough that they’ll take me seriously.

Doctor: