Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My son has very red palms he is in great

My son has very red palms he is in great

Patient: My son has very red palms he is in great form going to the toilet a lot just a wee what do I need to do

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.I understand your concern.Red palms can signify a lot of things, but they can be normal also. So, relating red palms with excess urination only gives a clue of kidney dysfunction that can be due to Pheochromocytoma, Chronic Kidney disease.If we consider it as a normal finding, then going to toilet again and again can signify Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) secondary to stone/stones in the ureter.In most of the cases, the ureteric stone can precipitate Urinary Tract Infection (UTI). Diabetes should also be ruled out in case of UTI.So, you should get an Ultrasound Abdomen, Urine routine and culture, Kidney Function test, thyroid profile, Fasting blood sugar and Blood pressure measurement.If Urine infection is found you would be given antibiotics based on culture report.Share my opinion with your doctor.Stay Healthy