My son he is 13 its been 4 days that he gets itches on his back

Q: My son he is 13 its been 4 days that around night time he gets itches on his back all over his body it turns red he cant sleep at night. I think its an allregic reaction but I am not sure ive all the medications he needs still dosnt help please help me and now he has a sore throat and runny nose heas ache

A:   Hi
Thank you for the question.

Your child may have Scarlet fever.
Scarlet fever is an infection that sometimes occurs after a patient has had strep throat. It is caused by the same family of bacteria that causes strep throat (an infection that makes the throat red, swollen, and sore). Scarlet fever is also known as scarlatina. Scarlet fever mainly affects children between 5 and 15 years of age. It causes a bright red rash on the body along with a sore throat and fever. The red rash is where the name scarlet fever comes from.

Here are a few symptoms:
-a red, sore throat with white and yellow patches
-swollen tonsils
-nausea and vomiting
-swollen glands in the back of the neck
-a pale area of skin around lips
-a white tongue with red dots on the surface (strawberry tongue)

It is better to consult your Doctor for further treatment.

I hope this will help you. Take care.