Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My son is 5 days oldi feed my newborn similac

My son is 5 days oldi feed my newborn similac

Patient: My son is 5 days old.i feed my newborn similac ready to go..which i open 4 hr ago. what will happen now?

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Most of these ready to serve supplements have to be consumed immediately since the more time you wait before eating, the more nutritious value is lost.Also, there is a chance that the food will have bacteria growing in it, and hence it needs to be consumed immediately. Especially for an infant, even minor concentrations of bacteria can cause diarrhea.Ideally, from one exposure nothing should happen. If the infant develops diarrhoea, you can take him to his paediatrician and he can be managed easily. There is nothing major to be worried about. So, please observe the baby, if he passed loose stools, please take him to the paediatrician.Hope this was helpful,Please feel free to discuss further;Regards.