Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My son is suffering with croup he is 7months old

My son is suffering with croup he is 7months old

Patient: My son is suffering with croup he is 7months old and i have been to my doctors a number of times and they wont help and it has been going on for months it clears but comes back 10x worse what shall i do

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.Respiratory infections are common in children and newborns. He probably has some underly ing cause that is making him susceptible to infections. Here are possible causes of this:MalnutritionChronic diseasesYou need to talk to a Doctor to see if the above are possible causes. Wishing you son a speedy recovery. All the best.