Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My son recently recovered from a staph infection.

My son recently recovered from a staph infection.

Patient: My son recently recovered from a staph infection. I now have a pretty bad UTI. Could i have gotten staph from cleaning up after him and it somehow caused this kidney infection?

Doctor: Hi,Thank you for writing to Ask The Doctor.It is very unlikely that you got the infection from cleaning him up. However, it is possible that you got the infection when you were using the same bathroom or the same water supply. The treatment of UTI is simple and requires a few Antibiotics and Paracetamol for the fever. I recommend that you consult a Urologist for a quick diagnosis and treatment.