My sons eyes have been scored 002 in each eye

Patient

Q: My sons eyes have been scored 0.02 in each eye what does this mean?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

I do not know what 0.02 stands for. Please send me a picture of the report and I will be able to help you. This is also because I do not know which test was done.

Wishing you good health.

Patient: It is the result of visual function, it does not state which assessment, snellen or logMAR etc. The area filled is "best corrected with both eyes, left and right combined 0.02" it is stated on his CVI. We are from the UK.
He has nystagmus.
Kind regards.
Patient: I am unable to post a picture. Sorry.
Patient: Another clinic note states "I have tested his eyes today, left 0.04 and right 0.04" again it does not state which assessment.