September 24, 2018

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My spouse has had ongoing back pain but today has

My spouse has had ongoing back pain but today has

Patient: My spouse has had ongoing back pain but today has experience other symptoms: an hour ago he has had shortness of breath, burning sensation on skin, tightness in neck, heart palpations and coming in wave pains from middle back to lower..what could this be from>

Symptoms: Shortness of breath, burning sensation on skin, tightness in neck, heart palpations and coming in wave pains from middle back to lower

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Noted your history and concerns about you spouse who has a history of ongoing back pain.H e has developed shortness of breath, burning sensation on skin, tightness in neck, heart palpitations and has pains in waves from middle back to lower back.I would advise the following in such a situation with explanations:You should ask him to completely relax in bed, keep the area ventilated, loosen the clothes and make him comfortable as much as possible.No movements at allCall for a cardiac ambulance if you have the facility so that the EKG and primary treatment be done at home. If special ambulance not available, to have a routine one with at east 2 attendants and to shift him without allowing him any movements, shift op the ER or Cardiac center.This is so as the symptoms you have mentioned although not very classical are suggestive of MI (myocardiac ischemia) unless proved otherwise by EKG and blood studies.If all the studies are negative for cardiac reasons, it is still imperative to see what the reasons are which can be found on clinical evaluation, actual physical examination and investigations and response to the treatment.I hope this answer helps you for an early proper diagnosis and very proper urgent treatment.Please give me the feedback.This is the classical approach one must have on getting the symptoms that you have mentioned and not to alarm you unnecessarily.