Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My step daughter is tired all the time and her

My step daughter is tired all the time and her

Patient: My step daughter is tired all the time and her walking is getting worse and worse. Hardly can make it upstairs and is losing weight

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.Usually such generalized fatigue, stress, weight loss are due to anemia, malabsorption syndrome, Calcium and Vitamin D deficiency.She requires immediate care by evaluation as most concerning is the weight loss she is having.I would advise you to get following tests done:1. Fasting Blood Sugar- to rule out diabetes2. Thyroid Profile- to rule out hypothyroidism3. Hemogram- to check for anemia.4. Serum Calcium and Vitamin D levels- to see for the deficiencies.If any issues are found in her reports she would be treated accordingly.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy