My stomach is bloated and I expect that before my

Patient: My stomach is bloated and I expect that before my period but I just got off and it hurts to lay on my stomach. What does that mean?

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you on this medical health advice platform.You seem to be suffering from acid reflux disease. But if this all happens during or just before your periods, then a possibility of Menstrual Cramping is also there, which is a normal phenomenon. If that is menstrual cramping, you can take Tablet Mefenamic acid if the cramping is severe.For acid reflux, I would advise you to take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone. You should also follow soft and bland diet. If your problem persists you should get an Ultrasound Abdomen and Upper GI Endoscopy.Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.