Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My tampax turns upside down what appears to happen is

My tampax turns upside down what appears to happen is

Patient: My tampax turns upside down what appears to happen is that apon insertion the tampax goes in at an angle towards the side when i push the applicator it pushes the tampax sideways when the tampax gets heavy and I move its able to turn upside down and almost falls out. It also happens when I have a bowel movement, I am 37 have 3 kids and wondered if it could be a prolapse?

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Read and understood your problem. The tampax turning within inside can be due to the cha nges in the vagina associated with prolapse of the uterus, urinary bladder (Cystocele) and rectum (rectocele).I would advise you to have an internal, per-vaginal and per speculum examination done by a Gynecologist and additions tests of the blood, urine, ultrasonography of the abdomen to see or rule out other causes.Per-vaginal ultrasonography helps to delineate the things better.I hope this answer helps you.