My testicles are hurting and causing me pain


Q: Hi adont no if i should of selected the things i have but i need a doctors advise.i am 21 years of age and i have strong pains coming from my testicles it seems to be the more i move the more the pain worsens.i have had trouble for a couple of years now but have never said enithing.but yet the pains have only just started i have tried to make an appointment with the my local doctors but they told me 3 week please could u getbak to me before my.. excuse my language. ball sack it feels to be like a tissue feeling and the tube thing is extremly painfull.adont no what to do so eni advise would be great thanks.


A:   Testicular pain could be caused by a number of conditions such as infection (epididymitis), trauma or injury, testicular torsion or varicocele. Since your symptoms are worsening, I would suggest going to the ER to rule out testicular torsion, which is a medical emergency. It is rare and occurs when the testicles "twist" and cut of the blood supply.  It causes acute severe swelling and needs to "untwisted" within 5 hours.  Surgery is commonly required.

Related Q&A

Q: Hi I Hited my head little hard in the bottom of pool now Iam having neck pain as well as top of the head swollen

Q: I was inner tubing down a steep hill and fell off onto a patch of ice. I hit my elbow directly. I am able to move my ...

Q: Hello, My mother had severe pain and numbness in legs around 2 months ago. She was not able to walk freely. Spine ...

Q: RN of 27 years lifted a patient falling out of a w/c. That was the 13th. Increasing abdominal, hip, thigh pain despit...

Q: Im a 43 year old male and about a day and a half ago I started experiencing a dull pain from my scrotum (or left test...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon