My testosterone level is low ?

Patient

Q: Yesterday i have checked my testosterone total level
in the blood test report my testosterone shows 202.41 ng per dl is it normal ?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. Testosterone in males changes at different ages. We are not certain what your age is to advise on this. However, the testosterone range for the average adult male is between 270-1070 ng/dl. If your are over the age of 30, then your testosterone level decreases by 1 per cent for every year over 30. It is possible that you decrease in testosterone could be age related, or due to another condition. Without knowing your age, we recommend that you follow up with your doctor to determine if your decreased testosterone level is is age related or due to another medical condition. Please follow up with your doctor.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com with your medical question.