My throat feels dry and i have trouble breathing

Patient: My throat feels dry and i have trouble breathing.this only happens at night time

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor.You seem to be suffering Allergic cough or Acute Bronchitis or Chronic SinusitisI would advise in such scenario:1. Hemogram with ESR2. ECG3. Chest Xray4. X-Ray PNS5. Fasting blood sugar.If the Chest Xray and these blood investigations show no sign of infection then, you would be treated for Allergic cough.Initially, you would be treated with a combination of Levocetirizine and Montelukast.But your doctor will examine your chest for any wheezes/spasm.In such scenario, your doctor would prescribe you inhalers containing bronchi dilators like Salbutamol.You might also require short dose of Steroid inhaler like Budesonide.Share my opinion with your Doctor before acting upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.