Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My throat feels weird everytime I swallow, I can’t sleep,

My throat feels weird everytime I swallow, I can’t sleep,

Patient: My throat feels weird everytime I swallow, I can’t sleep, and I don’t feel good. What do I do?

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.You seem to be suffering from Upper Respiratory tract infection ( URTI) that is causing the throat pain and swallowing difficulty. In case you have fever then you should see your doctor who will examine you and prescribe an antibiotic like Azithromycin or Amoxycillin. You should take anti-allergic like Cetrizine that will help you. In case of severe pain, you can add a tablet of Aspirin in water and do gargles with that. You may take Paracetamol on as or when required basis for fever and body pains.Share my opinion with your doctor before you act upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy