My throat glands have been swollen for abt 2 wks

Patient

Q: My throat glands have been swollen for abt 2 wks. Feels like mucus is stuck in my throat. What can i do?

Doctor

A:   Hello
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

You seem to be suffering from Streptococcal Sore Throat. Or this can be Ebstein Barr Virus infection as there are swollen lymph nodes associated.
I advise as following in such scenario:
1. To take an antibiotic like Amoxycillin/Clavulanate.
2. To take an anti-allergic like Levocetirizine, chlorpheniramine.
3. To do warm saline gargles.
4. To do steam inhalation
5. To take Paracetamol on as or when required basis for fever and body pains.
If you have persistent lymphadenopathy even after the course of medicines as discussed, you would require to get FNAC of the lymph node and chest X-ray.
Share my opinion with your doctor before you act upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy