My throat gurts, each time I drink soda.

Patient: Hey, My name is Anna, and im 17. I love to drink soda, but recently My dad and I was drinking soda together, and I asked him, how can you drink it so fast? does it hurt your throat? and he said no. I asked other people, and they said no, as well. Everytime I drink soda, my throat hurts, for a couple of seconds at a time, I thought it was normal until recently. What can it be?

Symptoms: Throat pain, and watering eyes

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for choosing “Ask the Doctor” for posting your query.Many people are allergic to soda or any of its c onstituents like sugar or carbonation in it. Throat pain is very common complaint amongst such people. It seems that you are also allergic to it. I would recommend you to avoid drinking soda as far as possible. If your throat is hurting bad, you can consult your doctor who might prefer prescribing anti-allergic medications like cetirizine or diphenhydramine to you. You can also do warm saline gargles for symptomatic relief.Hope I am able to answer your concerns.Wish you good health!

View all posts