My toddler has a 3 day fever please answer questions

Patient : My son is three years old he has been experiencing fever for the past three days with no symptoms no coughing no runny nose doesn't appear that his ears hurt the highest fever he had was 101.3. That was it on Saturday night. He runs around all day normal and about every six hours when the medication wears out he starts to get a fever again. Should I be concerned or take him to the doctor or let it run its course thank you
Symptoms:  Fever. The fever goes away with Motrin and Tylenol fever is the only symptom
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. Yes, we do encourage you to take your child to be examined by a physician. It is possible t hat his fever could be caused by either a viral or bacterial infection, even though other associated symptoms have yet to develop. Furthermore, the fact that it is returning after the medication wears off indicates that he may need additional medication to assist in clearing this possible infection. Children this you who develop prolonged fevers are at an increased risk for developing febrile seizures. This can be a very alarming event for parents to witness, and can in fact cause brain damage to the child. For this reason, we recommend that you have your child examined as soon as possible. Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com