My toddler has a strange fast laughing fit? but its not an actual funny laugh...

Q: Hi there, my daughter who is 16 months does something very strange and its hard to explain. she does a very fast panic laugh, not her normal laugh completely different probably about 10 times quicker and in this time she becomes sort of incontrolable she falls back or looses her balance she is all over the place and i usually have to grab her so she doesnt fall and hurt herself - it only last about 20 seconds and she is fine after, but its not a laughable laugh just a very quick laugh that is more like a panic or fit laugh and she just seems out of control whilst doing it. she used to do this when she was little from about 6 months and when she did the laugh she was always sick so we thought it was a laugh to say she was unwell mostly in the car but now she does the laugh when at home etc and she is not sick. now she is older we can see that she is not herself with it she just goes into overdrive... what is this, its not nice to watch and i often get upset and i know something is not right...? or is this just a personality thing she just does? she does not fit as in shake. just everything seems on fast forward. anyway please help should i take her to the doctors or is this nothing to worry about? many thanks