My Toe was injured and I don't know what to do!

Patient : A couple of years ago I broke the growth plate in my big toe. After it happened I noticed my skin was black where the toe nail begins. I peeled it off and under it was dried up blood I think. I picked it out. Every since then, it has been meat or skin of some sort growing from that spot. I usually cut it off or pick it off. It doesnt really hurt a lot when I do. What is it? What should I do?
Symptoms:  None
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. It is possible that you have developed a callous in this area where you once had the injury . This is further exacerbated by your constant removal of it. It is possible that this could be permanently by an over the counter medicated callous removal bandage. You can readily find these at your pharmacy. If you are unforgettable treating yourself, we recommend that you see your doctor and discuss removing it in the office. Your doctor car surgically excise it, or use liquid nitrogen to cryogenically remove it. Please be guided accordingly. Thank you for choosing AskTheDoctor.com