Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My triglycerides were tested in December and were @ 500.

My triglycerides were tested in December and were @ 500.

Patient: My triglycerides were tested in December and were @ 500. In January I was retested and they tripled. My numbers are right at 2000. I am recently pregnant and wonder if being pregnant with twins can cause this drastic change.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query,Triglycerides levels are unrelated to pregnancy and solely related to liver functions an d its function to metabolize it. Please visit your physician soon for a liver function test and get completely evaluated for a possible liver disease.Wishing you good health,regards