My triglycerides were tested in December and were @ 500.

Patient : My triglycerides were tested in December and were @ 500. In January I was retested and they tripled. My numbers are right at 2000. I am recently pregnant and wonder if being pregnant with twins can cause this drastic change.
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query, Triglycerides levels are unrelated to pregnancy and solely related to liver functions an d its function to metabolize it. Please visit your physician soon for a liver function test and get completely evaluated for a possible liver disease. Wishing you good health, regards