My two year old has a rectal temp of 972

Patient

Q: My two year old has a rectal temp of 97.2 and she is acting lethargic, complaining of a tummy ache and cold sweating. Her heart rate is fast? Were snowed in

Doctor

A:   Hi welcome to Ask The Doctor,

Fever is an important part of the body's defence mechanism against viruses or bacteria. The body creates extra heat so that the foreign organism cannot survive. Having a temperature helps you fight illness. Fever is a good thing, most of the time.
Some children may have a seizure (fit) if their temperature shoots up. You can control temperature by using Paracetamol syrup up to 5 times a day. Or by tepid water sponging.

I hope this helps you. All the best.