My urine has been a dark yellow for a week

Q: My urine has been a dark yellow for a week or 2 and I go to the bath room alot and lately my feet have started to swell and feel tight. I've also have been felling nauseous. What might I have?

Symptoms:  Swollen feet, nauseous, dark yellow urine, head ach, back pain, tierd alot, stomach cramps

A:   Hello
Thanks for using "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query.

Dark coloured more frequent urine suggests a urinary infection. Further you also have swelling over feet and this further indicates a urinary infection. It is advisable to get a urine routine and microscopy test done and also get a urine protein tests done. These are simple tests done on the urine sample and will sort out the possibility of infection and proteins coming out in the urine. Try taking sufficient amount of water. If there is infection then a proper course of antibiotics like ciprofloxacin or ofloxacin may be required.

Hope this helps,
Wish you a good health.