My uterus/womb is twitching It has been doing this for

Patient

Q: My uterus/womb is twitching. It has been doing this for a few days now. Could you help?

Symptoms:  Uterus is twitching
Doctor

A:   Hi,

Spasm of uterine muscles can be seen before and during periods, sometimes during ovulation, due to pelvic inflammatory disease, as a side effect of oral contraceptive pills etc.
Usually mild spasm can be relieved by taking antispasmodic drugs.
If twitching persists even after taking tablets, better to consult your doctor once and get evaluated.
By clinical examination and ultrasound the possible cause of your problem can be identified and treated.

Take care