Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My vagina has been relentlessly itchy for 5 months since

My vagina has been relentlessly itchy for 5 months since

Patient: My vagina has been relentlessly itchy for 5 months since I got off birth control. I need help!

Doctor: Hello dear,Thanks for trusting ATD about your health care.I can understand your concern here.Vaginal itching i n your case is most probably due to fungal ( yeast) infection.You should consult a Gynaecologist and get yourself examined and KOH testing for vaginal swab should be done to rule out fungal infection.You can apply antifungal cream and take antifungal drug orally also.Keep the area dry and clean, maintain vaginal hygiene, use cotton undergarments.Hopefully found useful, feel free to ask further questions.Good luck.Regards