Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My vagina is wet before sex and dries up in

My vagina is wet before sex and dries up in

Patient: My vagina is wet before sex and dries up in the middle of our sex what is the problem?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Usually vaginal lubrication is maintained by secretion from Bartholin glands during intercourse.Dryness of vagina can be seen in conditions like vaginal infection, clogged ducts of bartholin glands, age related fluctuations in gonadal hormonal levels etc.By clinical examination the exact cause of the problem can be identified and treatment can be planned.So, please do consult your doctor and get evaluated.In case of absence of pathological cause, vaginal lubricant gels can help in releiving the symptoms.Take care