Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My vagina smells really bad even after ive just washed

My vagina smells really bad even after ive just washed

Patient: My vagina smells really bad even after ive just washed it, also when I’m at school I leave sweat patches on my chair from my crotch and its really bad. what do I do

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.A smelly vagina is indicative of vaginitis. Excessive sweating can cause patch where you sit.I would advise you the following:- First of all, consult a Gynecologist of examination and getting prescription based medicines in the form of an antibiotic, metronidazole, pessaries, probiotics and supportive medicines.- Keep personal hygiene, use plenty of water to use properly, then keep dry.- Drink plenty of water orally.- Avoid sexual activities (if you have) and the partner too should take similar treatment.I hope this answer helps you.