My vagina started to have a really bad odour suddenly

Patient: My vagina started to have a really bad odour suddenly and it doesn’t go away. I have a little discharge now and then but it is light yellow or no colour. What can I do to get rid of the bad fishy odour?

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Bad fishy odor from vagina is indicative of an infection.I would advise you to consult a Gynecologist for clinical evaluation, physical examination, conduct some tests if needed and give you a Prescription based treatment.You can certainly keep the personal / local hygiene by cleaning with plenty of water, keep the area aerated, do not use tight undergarments.Continue probiotics for a long time.If you are sexually active, ask your partner to take treatment simultaneously.Complete the course and no sex till you get cleared of the problem.I hope this answer helps you.