Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My vigina iches but there is no white stuff but

My vigina iches but there is no white stuff but

Patient: My vigina iches but there is no white stuff but its been iching for about 3 days now and im scared. Is there something wrong?

Symptoms: Iching

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query to ATD,The typical vaginal itching in reproductive age group may indicate a possible vaginal candidiasis or vaginitis. in either case you should visit your physician and get a swab test done for culture to isolate the organism which if confirmed to be yeast, then you would have to be placed on oral and vaginal antifungals for a week for treatment. In the meantime, try to keep the local area dry and moisture free and avoid intercourse till the treatment is completed.I hope I have answered your query in detail,Wishing you good health,Regards