My wife blood test is beta hcg 10.5

Patient

Q: My wife blood test is beta hcg 10.5. Dr told it is chemical pregnancy. you should take again bete hcg test after 48 hrs.my is pregnant or not

Symptoms:  Abdominal pain and breast pain last 10 days
Doctor

A:   Hello.

A chemical pregnancy is one where the pregnancy result is positive or mildly positive, but there is no evidence of a sac anywhere on ultrasound to call it a pregnancy. On repeating the test after 48 hours, we expect the value of hCG to rise, in such a case we have a hope of a pregnancy, if the levels fall, it will be a chemical pregnancy and no further progress. The value of 10.5 is perhaps too low to call it a pregnancy right now.
Hope this helped.

Good luck.