My wife had a birth control implant in her arm has been removed recently.

Patient: My wife had a birth control implant in her arm removed recently after having it in there 5 years, she also has pcos, and I have type 2 diabetes, she’s been wanting to have sex unprotected and we both ain’t ready for a kid. What’s the percentage of her getting pregnant. Thanks

Doctor: Pregnancy is caused as a result of sexual intercourse only if it occurs within one’s so called “fertile period”. The fer tile period of a woman is determined by analysing her menstrual cycle with an ovulation calculator or fertility chart. Normally, the menstrual cycle is a 28 day cycle. During the 14th day after a period, the ovum is released. This process is called ovulation and the days 12 to 16 days after a period are said to be a woman’s most fertile period.An unprotected intercourse may leave your wife with a chance of getting pregnant, despite the medical conditions that you two may suffer. PCOS makes conception difficult but not impossible! Please discuss about a safe and apt birth control method for your wife with your healthcare provider if you do not want a kid now. There are many options available!