My wife is 16 weeks pregnant and accidentally took one Sudafed tablet

Patient : My wife is 16 weeks pregnant and accidentally took one 120mg sudafed. Her doctor told us to buy the 30mg. Did we just cause harm to the baby?
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. Sudafed contains pseudoephedrine, which belongs to category C drugs in pregnancy, means animal studies have demonstrated few adverse effects on the fetus whereas sufficient human studies are lacking. Single high-dose intake may not harm the baby usually. Regular antenatal visits and ultrasound examinations are needed to monitor the well-being of the baby. Hope this helps. Take care.