Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My wife is 7 weeks pregnant

My wife is 7 weeks pregnant

Patient: My wife is 7 weeks pregnant and she has been experiencing some bleeding we went to the doctor and they said its normal but now she is experiencing a little cramping and her back and lower abdomen is it ok if she uses a heating pad to relieve the pain

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Pain in the abdomen and back, in the form of cramps, with bleeding, is alarming. It is better to take an opinion again at the earliest from a Gynecologist and get an ultrasound for fetal viability if possible. The Doctor has to rule out threatened abortion and may be put her on progesterone pills or injections for hormonal support. Meanwhile, ask to relax and take enough rest.Hope this helped.Regards