My wife is 8 weeks pregnant and we are on holiday in mexico

Q: Hi

My wife is 8 weeks pregnant and we are on holiday in Mexico (live in London)
My wife is really ill with severe nausea and acid build up.
We aren't sure what's available here and what's safe to take for early pregnancy.
Please help!!

Symptoms:  Vomiting nausea acid build up lack of energy

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,
It is common to experience nausea and vomiting in the early first trimester and this may also be seen to be accompanied with gastritis. This can however be controlled by use of antiemetics and antacids.
Antiemetic--TAB DOXINATE 10mg thrice a day. It is generically Doxylamine succinate 10 mg and Pyridoxine hydrochloride 10 mg.
Antacid-- Tab Ranitidine 150mg twice a day .
Both of these are easily available with the chemist and can be prescribed by a local physician in MEXICO. This both should at least be taken for a period of 2 weeks when the nausea and retching shall subside by 10th week or at least reduce. If not then then can be continued till 14 weeks safely in pregnancy with dominate dose being reduced / adjusted from thrice to twice a day after next 2 weeks.
I hope i have answered your query in detail,
Wishing you good health,