My wife is having mild pain in lower abdomen with

Patient

Q: My wife is having mild pain in lower abdomen with frequent urination. No missed period until now. Can we relate the above symptoms with pregnancy. How can we be sure.

Doctor

Though mild abdominal pain and frequency of urination are a part of an early pregnancy symptom, it is not specific for pregnancy and can be seen in other conditions as well. Urinary tract infections, stress, premenstrual syndrome, excessive intake of coffee, tea and even diabetes can present this way. Kindly confirm a pregnancy by a beta hCG blood test after 14 days of the last sexual intercourse or on missing the period.

Hope this helped.