My wife is in hospital, full term in pregnancy and

Q: My wife is in hospital, full term in pregnancy and her ALT score was 140 it is now 180, this is getting dangerous right ?!?!? Is it time for C Section?!?!?

A:   Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.

Yes, her liver enzymes are raised which requires evaluation of the cause. Most common causes of such liver derangement's in pregnancy are Fatty Liver of pregnancy, Viral hepatitis E, Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, Drugs, HELLP Syndrome
I recommend following investigations in such case:
1. HBsAg for Hepatitis B.
2. Anti-HCV Antibody for Hepatitis C.
3. Anti-HAV Antibody for Hepatitis A
4. Anti HEV Antibody for Hepatitis C
5. Ultrasound Abdomen
6. Hemogram.
These investigations will give the picture why the derangement has occurred. If she is fine and her liver functions improve, then this is not an indication for ceasarian section but if there is further derangement, she might require that.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy