My wife is pregnant (5wks) She has terrible morning sickness

Patient : My wife is pregnant (5wks). She has terrible morning sickness, vomiting and tiredness. She spoke to a doctor and did some tests- mild anaemia and hyperthyroid was seen in blood tests. She has been prescribed medications but just as she was about leaving the hospital she went to pee and found blood. The nurse checked with the doctor who said its ok and happens. Should I be worried and what couldbe the problem. I have asked that she go back to the doctor for examination but she's so tired from pregnancy stress.