My wife is pregnant and she's having shooting back pain

Patient : My wife is pregnant and she's having shooting back pain, which pain killer is she allowed to take
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query. Since you have not mentioned the age of the pregnancy, it will be difficult to tell you t he medicines. This is so because in the first 3 months (first trimester) of pregnancy all the medicines are avoided. Secondly, it is most important to know the cause of such a severe pain, hence it is imperative that you take her to ER / talk to her Gynecologist and get an opinion and treatment possible. Do not give any tablet at home. For the time being you can apply locally the Rubefacient creams, which make the area warm, ask her to take strict bed rest till seen by a Doctor. I hope this answer helps you.