My wife is pregnant Doctor had a glucose test

Patient : My wife is pregnant. Doctor had a glucose test & said she has high sugar. We had a test at home NEXT DAY while fasting by a glucometer & found sugar level 87. We are confused whether the doctor was wrong or right. Please advice
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. Minor variations in blood sugar levels can be seen due to f actors like duration of fasting, stress and strain, accuracy of glucometer etc. So, to come to one conclusion, let your wife go for GTT (glucose tolerance test), HbA1c levels estimation. These investigations will give more accurate diagnosis regarding the possibility of gestational diabetes. So, please discuss these things with your doctor and follow her advice. Take care.