Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > My wife just had a baby on 03/5/2015

My wife just had a baby on 03/5/2015

Patient: My wife just had a baby on 03/5/2015 in she had a normal birth when it safe to have sex in how lond do we how to wait for her to heal

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query,After vaginal delivery, Lochia lasts for about 3-4 weeks where the dead and sloughed o ff endometrium is shed. The healing of an episiotomy wound, if given, would take about 3-4 weeks as well. So the best time would be after a month from the date of delivery ideally when her body would have recouped well and her vaginal muscles would have almost returned to her pre-pregnant state.I hope i have answered your query in detail,Wishing good health,Regards