Nasal congestion remedies

Patient: Hi there I am in need of some advice. Since I was 4 months pregnant (baby now 15 months old) I have suffered nasal congestion. I have been to my doctor so many times that I have given up wanting to go back. They have given me numeous amounts of nasal sprays but nothing is touching me. And it doesfeel as though it is getting worse as I am now suffering with sores up my nose, bad headaches and lack of sleep. I would be so greatful if youcould help me

Doctor: There are several over-the-counter remedies for nasal congestion. Your symptoms suggest more than just simple nasal cong estion. It sounds like you may have chronic sinusitis. I will outline a list of remedies you may try but you should consult an ENT specialist if your symptoms do not resolve.Normal saline nose dropsMenthol crystals (place in bowl of warm water and inhale)Pseudoephedrine nose drops or  tabletsAll these remedies are available in most pharmacies.