Nasal regurgitation

Patient: For the last couple month I have a problem whenever I eat some time some food goes up between my throat and nose and I have a hard time until it goes down slowly some timeit may take ove twenty four hours

Doctor: Your symptoms are known as nasal regurgitation and can sometimes indicate a problem with the nervous system or muscles s upplying the head and neck. The nervous supply to the palate may be damaged or there may be difficulty with the coordination of swallowing food and liquids by weakness of the muscles of the pharynx. These symptoms warrant further investigation so I would advise that you attend your family doctor for a complete history and physical examination. He may refer you to a neurologist or ENT surgeon, and treatment will be outlined once the underlying cause is identified. .