Nasal septum deviation

Patient

Q: Hello Doc,I am 21 yr old female.I have a problem with my nose .I had cold and blocked nose for more than a month and also bleeding in left nostril.I consulted a ENT specialist.He said its a nasal septum deviation in left nostril.gave medicines for one week in first visit and for 5days on second visit.He said it will be alright in few days but i have experienced bleeding from my right nostril today.(1st dec)curently medicating.Should i consult another specialist

Symptoms:  Cold,blocked nose ,nose bleeding
Doctor

Thanks for choosing "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query.
Deviated nasal septum (DNS) can lead to frequent cold and blocked nose and bleeding is also noticed due to cold and drying of the mucus. Nothing to panic at this stage and you can continue showing to your primary doctor. Occasional bleeding dose occur in patients of deviated nasal septum. Keep your nose moist with nasal saline drops. Also avoid picking of the nose.
If the symptoms do not improve with medicines the definitive cure of DNS is surgical repair and correction. Do discuss with your doctor the option of surgical correction of DNS.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

Wish you good health!