x
188 Physicians Online

Question:

Nasonex and Claritin

I have a question...can you take Nasonex and Clartin at the same time? They don not have the same ingredients but do they do the same thing?

Answer:

Nasonex (Mometasone furoate) is a nasally inhaled steroid used for treatment of nasal symptoms of seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis. Claritin (Loratadine) is a new generation antihistamine used for the relief of nasal and non-nasal symptoms of seasonal allergic rhinitis. There are no known interactions between these two medications; therefore I see no reason why they cannot be used together for seasonal allergy symptoms.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA