x
Browse
183 Physicians Online

Question:

Nasonex and Claritin

I have a question...can you take Nasonex and Clartin at the same time? They don not have the same ingredients but do they do the same thing?

Answer:

Nasonex (Mometasone furoate) is a nasally inhaled steroid used for treatment of nasal symptoms of seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis. Claritin (Loratadine) is a new generation antihistamine used for the relief of nasal and non-nasal symptoms of seasonal allergic rhinitis. There are no known interactions between these two medications; therefore I see no reason why they cannot be used together for seasonal allergy symptoms.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

Dr. Suneel Sharman

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

Dr. Kunaal Jindal

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA