x
151 Physicians Online

Question:

Nasonex and Claritin

I have a question...can you take Nasonex and Clartin at the same time? They don not have the same ingredients but do they do the same thing?

Answer:

Nasonex (Mometasone furoate) is a nasally inhaled steroid used for treatment of nasal symptoms of seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis. Claritin (Loratadine) is a new generation antihistamine used for the relief of nasal and non-nasal symptoms of seasonal allergic rhinitis. There are no known interactions between these two medications; therefore I see no reason why they cannot be used together for seasonal allergy symptoms.

Have a Question? Ask The Doctor Here.

Sign In to join in the conversation.