Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Natural Low Testosterone Levels

Natural Low Testosterone Levels

Patient: I am 22 year old and have abnormally low testosterone. My doctor has ran tests and found the last 10 months I have been extremly low. Also my semen count is very very low. He said that my brain shut down a part in it that allows me to produce testosterone and that my muscle is slowly deteriating. He also did tests on my kidney and liver and said they are both clean ! All I want is my energy,sex drive and get up and go back. Thanks for your help

Doctor: Normal levels of testosterone range in between 12-40 pg/mL which varies slightly in different labs. Decreased testostero ne may lead to low energy, muscle wasting, erectile dysfunction, reduced bone mass and decreased mood. Treatment will depend on the cause, usually testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) via injection, oral tablets, patch, gum or gel may be required if problem persists. If a pituitary problem is the cause, pituitary hormones may stimulate sperm production and restore fertility. Testosterone replacement therapy can be used if fertility isn’t an issue.