Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Natural remedy and medication for Depression

Natural remedy and medication for Depression

Patient: Are there any natural supplements to help battle male depression without affecting my daily dose of warfarin and atenolol? I have an artificial aortic valve. thanks.

Doctor: Your query would be best answered by an Ayurvedic or herbal specialist. St. John’s Wort, folic acid, omega 3 fatty acids ds has been used for the treatment of depression, however, with any natural medicine or supplement, you should consult your doctor before you start taking the supplement. Although it is all natural, does not mean it is not potentially dangerous, specially to avoid interactions with your current medications.