Natural Test Booster Question

Patient

Q: Hi, I am a healthy 18 (almost 19) year old male and I have been lifting weights for 7 years. I have always been athletic however I appear to be weak. I have small muscles and a small, yet noticeable amount of excess fat. I want to change this and I am considering taking a natural testosterone booster (Natren HGX.)There is not much information online about this product and I am skeptical of the little bit I do find. My question is am I going to have any long lasting side effects from taking a natural test booster? I a freshman in college, but I am planning on transferring next year to play basketball. I don't only want a stronger, better looking body, I feel like i need it. Any reccomendations help. I really do want to try this product, however I do not want to screw up my body.

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your questions. Natural Testosterone boosters are not tested or approved by the FDA or for the safety or their ability to increase natural testosterone levels. We do not recommend that you taking this supplement as the long term effects, or safety of it is not entirely known. Maintaining a healthy active lifestyle comprised of exercise and a diet rich in nutrient dense vegetables, fruit and lean protein is a sure fire way of achieving your fitness goals naturally.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com