Natural way to treat my menopause

Q: I am having sweats all during the day and night I was wondering if there is a natural way to treat my menopause I do not want to take Meds as they scare me a little?

A:   The symptoms of sweating, hot flashes and vaginal dryness are often uncomfortable symptoms of menopause which may require you to go to your OBGYN for an assessment. Usually in such cases hormone replacement therapy may benefit. However before medication can be started, your doctor may need to order some blood tests which can tell if you are heading towards menopause. Some natural lifestyle modifications to reduce the symptoms of menopause include regular exercise, avoiding caffeine and getting adequate sleep, eating a healthy balanced diet, stop smoking (if you smoke) and practising relaxation techniques like yoga.