Nausea and blood while pregnant

Patient: I am 18 years old, I just found out I am 7 weeks pregnant. I have severe nausea, and throw up everything. just recently I coughed up streaks of blood.. is that normal? my urine is a very dark yellow, and I haven’t pooped much. I feel terrible, and hungry because I keep puking up my food.

Symptoms: Nausea

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Some amount of nausea and vomiting can be seen in early pregn ancy.Though severe nausea and vomiting is not so common, but can be seen in some women especially in teenage pregnancies.Forceful vomiting can damage the esophageal mucosa leading to coughing of blood.Not taking enough fluids and loosing water and electrolytes through vomiting may be responsible for dark yellow colored urine.Vomiting and decreased intake of food may be responsible for hunger and small quantity of feces.Correcting fluid and electrolyte imbalance and taking antiemetics and antacids can relieve your symptoms to some extent.Once your nausea decreases you can gradually increase your food intake.Please meet your physician, talk over your problem and take treatment accordingly.Take care.